We are constantly looking for the quickest way to achieve radiant skin and usually go to great lengths to hide our imperfections from our peers.
Luckily, we can easily dupe others into believing we were blessed with ‘good genes” with the help of non-ablative lasers.
“LG” or Laser Genesis is the most popular laser facial at Face Plus Medispa, and with good reason!
It is not painful, does not require any topical numbing agents, and has no down time! It is a non-ablative laser which means unlike ablative lasers it leaves your epidermis intact.
The laser energy gently heats the upper layers of the dermis; diffusing micro dilated capillaries, reducing redness and flushing associated with rosacea, stimulates collagen, reduces excess oil flow and improves microcirculation.
This is the perfect lunch time treatment to return a healthy glow to tired skin as your expected treatment time is usually 45 minutes to an hour to treat a full face.
Laser Genesis involves delivering heat gradually, allowing the heat to intensify to create the illusion of a wound without the physical trauma. In a sense, it tricks the body into a healing process by delivering the correct amount of heat and this is where all the magic happens for your skin.
After a few treatments you can expect to see reduced pore size, minimized appearance of most scars and a smoother texture, to give the skin a lustrous appearance.
Treatments are best a month apart and 3-6 treatments is ideal for optimal and effective results. After that an annual top up is ideal for maintenance.
Kendall Jenner, one of the younger Kardashian sisters recently credited her skin to regular Laser Genesis treatments, allowing her to keep her acne breakouts at bay and lighten existing scars.
LG very much represents the new way of thinking ‘face’. No longer do we think that we can improve the face and skin by damaging it. That ‘ablative’ view of lasers went out of fashion in the 90s and naughties, replaced by a caring and nurturing attitude to your precious skin.
Our experienced, gentle and precise staff will tailor the ideal treatment plan for you and your skin needs, based around this amazing laser technology.
However we do advise a consultation prior to treatment as this will be paramount in deciding if this treatment is suitable for your specific skin condition. We advise special precautions to the following prior to your clinical evaluation;
- Avoid excessive sun exposure or fake tanning for two to four weeks prior.
- Avoid topical agents known to cause irritation (strong exfoliants or peels, steroid creams, waxing), two weeks prior.
- Consider taking natural supplements or antiviral medication for prevention if you are prone to cold sores and the area to be treated is near or on that area affected.
- Males are to ensure they are cleanly shaved as the laser may burn hair or increase heat on that area.
- Advise your therapist if you are currently undergoing/or have undergone, antibiotics, isotretinoin treatment or with drugs in a similar class within the last six months.
- Cosmetic tattoos will also need to be avoided and if necessary covered during this procedure.
At Face Plus Medispa we often team LG with other treatments such as; our bespoke facial treatments, cosmeceutical and exclusive product range, and or other health and wellness treatments such as massage, acupuncture, IV therapies and a selection of injectable treatments from our expert nurses and doctors.
From now until the 10th of August 2019 we are offering a 4 for the price of 3 treatments for Laser Genesis. Click here for more information.