There are many reasons you need to regularly clean your make up brushes.
Here are the four main reasons why:
1. It will improve the performance of your brushes
2. It will prevent the growth of bacteria, oil build up and transfer
3. Cleaning the brushes will also extend the life of your brushes.
Ideally, you should be cleaning your brushes once a week. We know this is often difficult to do so aim to do it as often as you can!
Follow the below steps for squeaky clean brushes:
1. Saturate the hairs on your brush only. Don’t soak your brushes as this will ruin them.
2. Please a pea sized amount of a mind shampoo, into the palm of your hand and massage into the hair of the brush.
3. Rinse the brush thoroughly until the water runs clear.
4. You can repeat step three if necessary.
5. With your fingers, apply gentle pressure and remove the excess water, maintain the brushes shape.
6. Place your brush on a dry towel and lay it flat to dry. Never dry your brush in an upright position as it will loosen the glue that binds the brushes and lead to hear loss.
Final tip – Never place your brushes in a sterilizer, it will permanently damage it.
Jane Iredale, Botanical Brush Cleaner, $42
These handy tips, thanks to Jane Iredale, you can read the original blog here
Visit one of the Face Plus Medispa clinics for a colour matching session or a make-up look for any occasion:
Bondi Junction: 02 9386 4411
Bondi Beach: 02 8897 0077
Bankstown: 02 9796 7007