Get ready for wedding season with these simple tips.
If you’re beauty obsessed, you have probably thought and taken all our Make up tips: Bridal, dos and don’ts into consideration. But for those who fear they haven’t thought of everything here are our Make up tips.
Everyone knows they have to have a makeup trial before the wedding but when is the best time to do it? It’s about three weeks before the big day but no more than that.
If you intend on faking tanning for the wedding, make sure you have the exact same fake tan on for your makeup trial.
1. Get a full body scrub before your fake tan appointment! This will allow your tan to go on smoothly and evenly. The last thing you want is spotty tan on one of the most important days of your life. Read about the treatment we offer HERE
2. Start gathering some makeup inspiration for your trial. It’s also a great idea to analyse the images and pick out what you like about the particular image you have collected.
Test a few shades at home during the day and night, this will allow you to see if it’s appropriate for the whole day. It’s not the day you want to be adventurous and try something new!
3. Don’t get caught up in current trends! These images last a lifetime.
4. Wear a top that matches the colour of your wedding dress on the day of your makeup trial. This will allow you to determine if the colour of the dress matches the overall look your makeup artist has created.
5. It should be daylight when you have your makeup trial.
6. Bring your veil or try on a veil at your trial! How does the makeup feel with the veil and how does it look? Don’t forget the veil sits very close or on your face, you need to determine if your lashes will bend into the lower lashes from the weight, are your lips rubbing up against the veil?
Take a little walk around, stand there with something in your hands to see how it feels and if the veil changes shape on the face.
7. Make sure your makeup will last the day if you don’t think you’ll want to reapply throughout the day. You will need that lipstick so make sure you have the shade available for reapplication.
8. Take lots of pictures, including with flash photography! This will allow you to see how your make up will capture on the day.
9. Take note of how long your trial makeup takes, you will need the same amount of time if not more. On the day, there are many distractions and you want to make sure you allow enough time to get your hair and makeup done before the rest of your bridal party.
10. Finally, if you want your makeup to look perfect on the day it comes down to one thing… PERFECT SKIN! Read about our “The Works” bridal skin and face package HERE